City Manager Updates Council On Cameo Shooting

Mar 29, 2017

Cincinnati City Manager Harry Black says the city's police department is making progress as it investigates the shooting incident early Sunday morning at Cameo Night Club on Kellogg Avenue.  

One person was killed and another 16 were injured when gun fire broke out inside the club.

Black updated City Council on the probe during its regular weekly meeting Wednesday.

"Obviously we are all eager for answers. We are eager for closure. This was such a horrific event and we want it done quickly," Black says. "I just want to remind everyone that the investigation is progressing very well."

Black says it will take time to make sure the investigation is done the right way.

"There's a lot of physical evidence, a lot of witnesses," Black says. "The criminal investigations section is doing their work as they have been trained to do and please rest assured they are making significant progress."

Police say the shooting was likely the result of a conflict that started earlier on Saturday.  

The police chief, earlier this week, suggested there were multiple shooters based on the number of shots fired.  

Cameo's owner voluntarily surrendered the club's liquor license and announced it will not re-open.