The National Council on Aging estimates that one in every 10 Americans, aged 60 or older, has been the victim of some type of abuse or neglect. But elder abuse is a hidden crime that often goes unreported. It’s estimated that authorities are notified of only one in 14 cases.
NPR News Headlines
- Kids Who Suffer Hunger In First Years Lag Behind Their Peers In School
- In Major Blow To Trump, GOP Health Care Bill Vote Delayed
- U.S. Senate Votes To Repeal Obama-Era Internet Privacy Rules
- How Noisy Is Your Neighborhood? Now There's A Map For That
- Science-Loving Teens From Ghana And D.C. Geek Out Together