Yard waste drop-off sites ready to re-open
Now that spring is here, yard work is certain to follow.
The Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District’s free yard trimmings drop-off sites re-open Saturday, March 23.
You must be a county resident and bring proof such as a driver’s license or utility bill.
East: Bzak Landscaping, 3295 Turpin Lane (off Rt. 32) in Anderson Township
(Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. — 5 p.m. in addition to hours listed below)
West: Kuliga Park, 6717 Bridgetown Road in Green Township
North: Rumpke Sanitary Landfill, 3800 Struble Road (and Colerain Avenue) in Colerain Township
All sites will be open March 23 – November 24, 2013, on Saturdays and Sundays, from 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All sites will be closed on Sunday, March 31. The East location’s (Bzak Landscaping) weekday collection will be closed on May 27, July 4 and September 2.
- Landscapers and commercial establishments are NOT eligible to participate in this program.
- Hamilton County residents only.
- No large trailers or trucks larger than pickups.
- Cut brush and tree branches into lengths of 4 feet or less—must not exceed 1 foot in diameter.
- Bundle brush and tree branches with a material such as twine—must not be heavier than 50 pounds.
- Bring yard trimmings to the locations in containers or bags—brown paper bags preferred.
- Containers and plastic bags will be returned.
- No pallets, boards, nails, fence or wire accepted.
- No bricks, stones or soil accepted.
- All children must stay inside vehicles.
For more information:
- Recycling Hotline at 946-7766
- Twitter (@HamCoRecycling)
- Facebook (www.Facebook.com/HamiltonCountyRecycling).
With the chilly weather it's hard to believe, but our free residential yard trimmings drop-off sites open Saturday. ow.ly/jcTNU
— HamiltonCoRecycling (@HamCoRecycling) March 19, 2013