Which parts of Hamilton County had most foreclosures in 2012?
As WVXU reported earlier, Ohio is bucking a nationwide decline when it comes to home foreclosures. The state's foreclosures numbers increased in 2012.
Cincinnati, Forest Park and Colerain, Springfield and Green Townships had the largest number of foreclosures.
- Cincinnati - 1087 foreclosures
- Colerain Township - 311 foreclosures
- Springfield Township - 189 foreclosures
- Green Township - 164 foreclosures
- Forest Park - 106 foreclosures
- Delhi Township - 94 foreclosures
The study also shows an increase in foreclosures pushing out from Cincinnati into the county. In 2006, 45 percent of foreclosures were outside the city. The number rose to 63 percent last year.
Sister Barbara Busch of Working in Neighborhoods says it will probably be another three years before there's an end in sight for the region's foreclosure situation. She adds that other parts of Ohio are worse off than Hamilton County, which saw smaller increases than elsewhere.