Riverfest gets ready for lots of revelers
If you're heading to Riverfest on Sunday, local officials say their advice is to arrive early to get the best parking and stake out a prime viewing spot for the fireworks. Cincinnati Police Captain Kim Frey says most downtown streets will be open throughout the day, but there won't be any on-street parking throughout the downtown area south of Court Street:
"We have so many people that come down to Riverfest--probably on our side 200- to 250,000--and afterwards we like all those streets free and clear of everything so we can get people out as soon as possible."
Hundreds of thousands are also expected to pack the Kentucky side of the river. Riverfest features several entertainment venues and the highlight is the fireworks show, which starts around nine.
Other important closures include:
· The Clay Wade Bailey Bridge, Suspension Bridge, Purple People Bridge, and the Taylor Southgate Bridge will all close at 6:00 PM to vehicles and pedestrians.
· The streets into Mt. Adams will be closed at 6:00 PM.
· The Daniel Carter Beard Bridge (I-471) will close at 8:00 PM.
· Eastbound Columbia Parkway, from Second Street, and eastbound Fort Washington Way, to Columbia Parkway and I-471, will close at 8:00 PM.
· The Third Street exits from westbound Columbia Parkway and southbound I-71 will close at 9:00 PM.