More road closures around Banks
More road closures are coming along the riverfront near the Banks and the stadiums.
Here's what you need to know:
Section of Pete Rose Way to close for a series of concrete pours to create Pedestrian Bridge walking surface.
- All traffic lanes east and westbound, as well as the north and south sidewalks on Pete Rose Way between Broadway and Johnny Bench Way will close at 12:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 23 and again on Monday, Aug. 26, Tuesday, Aug. 27., and Wednesday Aug. 28.
- All lanes and sidewalks will re-open at 3:30 p.m. each day until the planned night/early morning closure.
- Closures and re-routing of pedestrians and vehicles in the construction area will allow crews to complete a series of concrete pours that will form the Pete Rose Way Pedestrian Bridge walkway offering access to U.S. Bank Arena plaza and Great American Ball Park from the stair tower at the corner of Pete Rose Way and Broadway.
- Pete Rose Way between Broadway and Johnny Bench Way will be closed.
- Access from Second Street to the southbound (LL) ramp to Mehring Way will be maintained.
- All garage parking entrances and surface lot access will be maintained.
- Beginning at 12:30 a.m. (morning) and re-opening at 3:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23
- Beginning at 12:30 a.m. (morning) and re-opening at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 26., Tuesday, Aug. 27, Wednesday, Aug. 28.
- All lanes on Pete Rose Way and both sidewalks will be opened to traffic for the Reds games with Milwaukee on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- All lanes on Pete Rose Way and both sidewalks will be opened to traffic for the Rock Allegiance Tour at US Bank Arena on Sunday night.
- Pete Rose Way’s complete closure between Johnny Bench Way and Broadway for extended period on four days will allow crews to execute a series of concrete pours that will complete the new walking surface for the pedestrian bridge.
- This work is the next step in completing the new pedestrian bridge that crosses Pete Rose Way and abuts the U.S. Bank Arena with access to Great American Ball Park.
- TO COVINGTON, KY: From Second Street (south) on to Rosa Parks Way or Walnut Street to the newly constructed round-a-bout, and across the Roebling Suspension Bridge
- TO NEWPORT, KY: From Second Street (south) onto Joe Nuxhall Way, left (east) on to Mehring Way, then left (west) onto Pete Rose Way, left (south) on to the Taylor Southgate Bridge.