The cold weather is on its way out and spring is on its way in. For many Hamilton County residents, that means yard work.
The Hamilton County Recyling and Solid Waste District is ready and will open the free yard trimmings drop-off sites on Saturday, March 29.
The free yard trimming drop-off sites are for residential use only. Residents who use these drop off sites must provide proof of residency, such as a driver’s license or utility bill.
North: Rumpke Sanitary Landfill, 3800 Struble Road (and Colerain Avenue) in Colerain Township
East: Bzak Landscaping, 3295 Turpin Lane (off Rt. 32) in Anderson Township (Also open Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. — 5 p.m. in addition to hours listed below)
West: Kuliga Park, 6717 Bridgetown Road in Green Township
The sites will be open from March 29 – November 23, 2014, on Saturdays and Sundays, from 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. All sites will be closed on Sunday, April 20. The East location’s (Bzak Landscaping) weekday collection will be closed on May 26, July 4 and September 1.
- Landscapers and commercial establishments are NOT eligible to participate in this program.
- Hamilton County residents only.
- No large trailers or trucks larger than pickups.
- Cut brush and tree branches into lengths of 4 feet or less—must not exceed 1 foot in diameter.
- Bundle brush and tree branches with a material such as twine—must not be heavier than 50 pounds.
- Bring yard trimmings to the locations in containers or bags—brown paper bags preferred.
- Containers and plastic bags will be returned.
- No pallets, boards, nails, fence or wire accepted.
- No bricks, stones or soil accepted.
- All children must stay inside vehicles.
For more information:
Recycling Hotline at 513-946-7766