Cincinnati Public Radio's Mission Statement
Cincinnati Public Radio’s mission is to bring the finest classical music and news and information programming to the people of the Tri-State. We accomplish this via the operation of a variety of over-the-air radio broadcast services and on-line Internet streams and on-demand downloads.
In order to carry out this mission on WVXU, we shall:
1. Produce information and entertainment programming for an audience that is engaged, curious and socially conscious.
2. Provide listeners with high quality news, information about important local issues, current information on community activities, and broadcasts of important local public affairs significance.
3. Generate the funding needed to execute this mission not only on a year-to-year basis, but also well into the future.
1. Provide superior satisfaction to our customers, especially our listening audience. We shall define ways to identify satisfaction and to measure our on-going performance in delivering it.
2. Seek continuous improvement in everything we do. As part of this, we shall measure our performance against other classical music and news stations.
3. Hire a staff of the highest quality individuals and empower them to perform to the fullest extent of their capabilities.
4. Respect, utilize and promote the diversity that lies within our organization, the Board and our listening audience to execute our mission in the best way possible.
5. Whenever and wherever possible and practical, investigate, design and exploit opportunities for partnership with organizations of converging or complementary missions to achieve efficiencies and enhancements.