Back-to-back natural disasters in Mexico and across the Caribbean have left millions of people reeling. The 7.1 magnitude earthquake that struck central Mexico on Tuesday crumpled buildings and killed more than 200 people. And it hit while Mexico was still recovering from another deadly and powerful earthquake in the southern part of the country. On Thursday rescue workers were still trying to free trapped victims. On Wednesday Hurricane Maria dealt Puerto Rico a direct punch, knocking out...
A cybersecurity breach at Equifax , one of the three major credit bureaus, has compromised the personal data of about 143 million Americans, almost half the country. The company says the cyber thieves were able to steal social security numbers, birth dates, and addresses for a massive number of people.
NPR News Headlines
- 'Declaration Of War' Means North Korea Can Shoot Down U.S. Bombers, Minister Says
- 'Hard Confrontations' Ahead With Far-Right Party In German Parliament, Merkel Says
- My Father Stood For The Anthem, For The Same Reason That Colin Kaepernick Sits
- How A Venezuelan Chef Is Teaching Women To Make Chocolate And Money
- Anthony Weiner Is Sentenced To 21 Months In Prison For Sexting