Hamilton County commissioners have approved a sales tax increase to deal with next year's budget shortfall. The two-tenths-of-a-cent hike will take effect in October as Hamilton County faces a $28 million deficit in 2019 .
In January, Governor John Kasich signed an executive order establishing DriveOhio as a one-stop shop for researchers, developers and manufacturers to collaborate on autonomous and connected vehicle initiatives in Ohio. This May, Gov. Kasich signed an executive order to authorize autonomous vehicle testing in the state.
NPR News Headlines
- Trump Threatens Tariffs On $200 Billion Of Chinese Goods
- Summer Melt: Why Aren't Students Showing Up For College?
- After An Overdose, Patients Aren't Getting Treatments That Could Prevent The Next One
- How The Opioid Crisis Is Depressing America's Labor Force
- The Science Behind South Korea's Race-Based World Cup Strategy