The federal government has rejected Ohio’s attempt to end the individual mandate for health care. The mandate is a staple of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. Health care advocates say lawmakers should take this as a sign to work with Obamacare instead of against it.
The Cincinnati Police Department's investigation into the death of Kyle Plush fails to provide answers , prompting City Council to call for an independent investigation. Hamilton County leaders consider increasing property taxes, adding a new levy to help fund the county's Children's Services agency. Cincinnati City Council approves a community benefits agreement between FC Cincinnati and the West End , advancing the team's effort to build a new stadium in the neighborhood. And federal agents raid a Findlay Market merchant suspected of committing more than $3 million in food stamp fraud.
NPR News Headlines
- Trump Demands Review Of Russia Investigation Surveillance Tactics
- Santa Fe Church Community Reflects On Texas Shooting
- Saudi Women's Activists Arrested Ahead Of Driving Ban
- For Trump's Evangelical Advisers, Prison Reform Becomes a Front-Burner Issue
- Archaeologist Who Uncovered China's 8,000-Man Terra Cotta Army Dies At 82