Beginning with Columbine high school on April 20, 1999, more than 187,000 students have experienced a shooting at their primary or secondary school, according to a Washington Post analysis . But school shootings are extremely rare compared to other forms of gun violence children face. Almost two dozen children are shot in the U.S. every day. The impact of violence has spread fear among students and changed the learning environment.
NPR News Headlines
- After U.N. Team Comes Under Fire, Not Clear When Inspectors Will Enter Douma
- As Trump Advisers Come And Go, Mike Pompeo's Star Keeps Rising
- 3 Problems With Selling A Car In China
- Top Stories: Pompeo Travels To North Korea; No New Russia Sanctions
- Why Putin's Pal, Germany's Ex-Chancellor Schroeder, Isn't On A Sanctions List