Many seniors and adults with a disability or illness come under the care of a guardian, who manages their assets. How can you be certain a guardian is acting in the best interest of your loved one when making decisions about finances and care? Approximately 10 percent of people over 65 are subject to elder abuse, and persons with disabilities are at a higher risk of abuse and neglect than the general population.
NPR News Headlines
- Never Go To Vegas, And Other Unspoken Rules Of Being An A-Lister
- Report Critiques Orlando Police Response To Pulse Nightclub Shooting
- U.S. Handled Puerto Rico Hurricane Aftermath Badly, Says Refugee Group
- Judicial Nominee Who Stumbled In Hearing Withdraws
- Russia-Based Kaspersky Lab Sues Trump Administration For Banning Its Software