Genetic testing is being used more frequently to help physicians prescribe medications that will prove most effective based on an individual patient's genetic makeup. A local company, Assurex Health , has developed its GeneSight Psychotropic laboratory test to analyze how a person's genes may affect the way he responds to medicines used to treat depression, anxiety, schizophrenia and other behavioral health conditions.
NPR News Headlines
- Resort In The Philippines On Lockdown After Reports Of Gunfire
- A Player Falls Injured At The French Open, And Compassion Takes Over
- Philippines Errantly Kills At Least 10 Of Its Own Troops In Fight For Marawi
- Noose Found At National Museum Of African American History
- After Bomb Threat, Malaysia Airlines Passengers Tackle Man — And Then Wait On Tarmac